Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program
Each year, RIMS sponsors 30 students in the US and Canada, and 6 international students (not enrolled at a university in US & Canada) to attend the RIMS Annual Conference & Exposition.
Congratulations to the 2019 ABSIP Scholars
- Claire Anderson, University of Calgary
- Deepanshi Arora, Birla Institute of Management technology (BIMTECH)
- Ashley Atwater, New Mexico State University
- Harrison Cameron, Appalachian State University
- Alexandra Cummins, Eastern Kentucky University
- Jules Ebwele Mpako, Georgia State University
- Alisha Elhassan, The University of Texas at Dallas
- Paria Esmaeelzadeh, University of Georgia
- Jacqueline Fernandez, East Carolina University
- Christian Ferrara, Appalachian State University
- Anna Geist, Butler University
- Christopher Graman, Indiana State University
- Sarah Henley, University of North Carolina - Charlotte
- Rochelle Hubbart, University of Colorado Denver
- Isabel Jaraba, Universidad EAFIT
- Evan Leitch, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Rudy Martinez, St. Mary's University
- Jennie Lynn Martino, St. John's University
- Jorge Mejia, Universidad EAFIT
- Rachel Mermelstein, Temple University
- Amanda Mills, Florida State University
- Megan Moore, University of Southern California
- Lauren Morell, LaSalle University
- Piotr Parol, Butler University
- Varun Sivakumar, Temple University
- Erika Sreenan, Illinois State University
- Eric Sutliff, University of Georgia
- Supragya Tripathi, National Insurance Academy
- Tina Valdez, St. Mary's University
- Hollan Vander Hey, Troy University
- Adrian Villa, Illinois State University
- Pranav Warhady, National Insurance Academy
- Brandon Wright, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Kevin Yaholnitsky, University of Calgary
- Leonardo Zamproni Sverzut, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Zhang Fuyu, Peking University
Nominate our students to be a 2020 ABSIP Scholar
In 2020, RIMS will sponsor 30 students in the US and Canada, and 6 international students (not enrolled at a university in US & Canada) to attend the RIMS Annual Conference & Exposition.
Nomination Period Opens: September 2019
Nomination Period Closes: December 2019
RIMS invites your institution to submit a maximum of 2 student nominations to participate in our Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program. The selection process includes nomination by a department head of a university or college and a review of the nomination and support materials by the RIMS Student Advisory Council.
Student sponsorship includes
- Complimentary conference registration for nominating professor or department head to mentor student(s) at the event
- Complimentary conference registration for students
- Hotel accommodations for students (two students to a room)
- Breakfast, lunch, and some evening meals for students and nominating professor or department head mentor
- $650 cash stipend for students to cover travel and incidental expenses.*
(*Stipend amount will be different for the six international students.)
Anita Benedetti scholars will receive mentorship; participate in stimulating conference sessions, gain valuable career development skills, and network with members of the SAC (practicing risk professionals), RIMS Board of Directors, insurers, brokers, and other industry professionals.
2018 ABSIP Scholars & members of the RIMS Student Advisory Council
RIMS CEO, Mary Roth, and RIMS President, Robert Cartwright, Jr., with the 2018 ABSIP Scholars and members of the RIMS Student Advisory Council. Click here for article on this year's scholars.
For more information about the competition, please contact Will Gilchrist at RMChallenge@rims.org or (212) 655-6031.
History of ABSIP
The RIMS Student Involvement Program was initiated as a pilot program at the 1978 Annual Conference in New Orleans. Due to the overwhelming success of this project, a standing committee was created, and the program has become a permanent part of the RIMS Annual Conference. In 1997, the name was changed to the Anita Benedetti Student Involvement Program to honor the late Anita Benedetti, former Deputy Executive Director of the Risk and Insurance Management Society. Inc. (RIMS) and President of the Spencer Educational Foundation, Inc.