International Certification Demonstrates Practitioners’ Risk Management Acumen and Professional Commitment
NEW YORK (June 28, 2016) — RIMS, the risk management society™, announced the inaugural class of RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional certification (RIMS-CRMP) holders. Of the 123 qualifying risk professional members who took the exam on April 10th in San Diego, 90 earned passing marks. A complete list of the 90 RIMS-CRMP certification recipients can be found here: https://www.rims.org/certification/Pages/RIMS-CRMP-Holders.aspx.
RIMS-CRMP Certification Holders by the Numbers:
• 123 risk professionals took the exam
• 90 risk professionals passed
• 13 Californian risk professionals now hold the RIMS-CRMP certification (highest total among the US States – Texas is second with 8 holders)
• 6 Countries – Aruba, Canada, France, South Africa, United Arab Emirates and United States – were represented in the first class of RIMS-CRMP certification holders
• 6 Canadian risk professionals now hold the RIMS-CRMP certification
Future exams will be available to qualifying practitioners online starting in October 2016.
“No matter the industry or country, professionals are constantly challenged to prove the value they can add to their organizations,” said RIMS CEO Mary Roth. “The RIMS-CRMP certification allows risk professionals to show leadership that they possess a deep understanding of risk management concepts and the ability to implement them. These individuals have proven they are passionate about advancing their careers and it is an honor to congratulate them on this outstanding achievement.”
In late-2015, the Society announced the launch of the RIMS-CRMP certification in an effort to deliver on its mission statement “to educate, engage and advocate for the global risk community.” For nearly 70 years, the Society has been a leader in risk management education, networking, standard setting, advocacy, and now proudly offers an industry-leading international professional certification for risk professionals.
Those eligible for the RIMS-CRMP either had a bachelor’s degree or a global equivalent (or higher) in risk management and one year of full-time work experience in risk management, or a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in a non-risk management related field and three years of full-time risk management employment. If the individual does not hold a bachelor’s degree or a global equivalent, they have seven years of risk management experience. Possessing an Associate in Risk Management (ARM) and/or a Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation accounts for two years of risk management experience. The RIMS-CRMP is valid for two years. Continuing education requirements must be met by all certified individuals to extend it beyond the two year period.
In addition to the prestige in holding a RIMS-CRMP certification, recipients will be recognized by:
• Certificate and commemorative lapel pin;
• Ability to add the RIMS-CRMP initials following their name;
• Recognition on the RIMS-CRMP website as a certification holder;
• Discounts on select RIMS professional development courses;
• And, this group will be featured in the 2017 RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition conference guide that is distributed to all attendees, as well as featured in RIMS Leadership Corner and other messaging distributed to RIMS membership.
For more information about the RIMS-CRMP certification or to register for the exam, visit www.RIMS.org/certification.