RIMS Oregon Chapter Honored with the Society's Chapter Excellence Award
Seven More Chapters Awarded for Outstanding Resources, Events & Community Service at RIMS 2017
NEW YORK (April 25, 2017) — To celebrate its commitment to providing local practitioners with essential resources and opportunities to enhance their organizations’ risk management programs, RIMS presented a Chapter Excellence Award to the Society’s Oregon Chapter. The honor was presented at RIMS 2017 Annual Conference & Exhibition in Philadelphia.
Additionally, seven local chapters were presented the Chapter Achievement Award for their efforts to develop and deliver exceptional educational offerings, innovative organizational strategies and events, as well as recognizing chapters for their student and community involvement.
“From the introduction of RIMS’ first chapter in 1935 to today, risk professionals have gained a significant advantage through chapter involvement that has certainly contributed to their professional success,” said RIMS CEO Mary Roth. “RIMS Oregon Chapter has a proven track record for providing local practitioners with exceptional resources and opportunities. On behalf of RIMS and their members, I would like to congratulate the RIMS Oregon Chapter and the recipients of our Chapter Achievement Award for their outstanding commitment to advancing risk management within their communities.”
The Chapter Achievement Award recipients are:
• RIMS Broward County Chapter – Education: Chapter Programming;
• RIMS Chesapeake Chapter – Community: Charity (Risk Management);
• RIMS Chicago Chapter – Education: Student Involvement;
• RIMS Delaware Valley Chapter – Education: Chapter Programming;
• RIMS New York Chapter – Education: Special Chapter Events;
• RIMS Pittsburgh Chapter – Organization: Meeting Attendance;
• RIMS Western Carolina Chapter – Education: Chapter Meetings.
The Chapter Excellence Award and Chapter Achievement Awards are presented each year for chapter initiatives completed the year prior. The awards are presented at RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition. For more information, visit www.RIMS.org/Awards.