NEW YORK (February 17, 2022) — After halting all in-person professional development workshops since the Covid-19 outbreak in 2020, RIMS, the risk management society®, will resume offering in-person learning opportunities starting April 9th. The first series of workshops will be offered in San Francisco immediately before and after RISKWORLD™, the Society’s flagship conference and exhibition.
“As the risks around us evolve, risk professionals need to make sure we’re evolving with them,” said RIMS President Patrick Sterling. “Professional development must be a priority. RIMS is proud to, once again, offer these incredible interactive learning experiences to the risk management community in-person and give our attendees the tools to build bigger and stronger programs for their organizations.”
Led by experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment, RIMS workshops cover a variety of practical topics including contractual risk transfer, enterprise risk management, fundamentals of insurance and more. The first wave of RIMS in-person workshops will be held at San Francisco’s AMA Conference Center and will cover the following topics:
- April 9 - 10 – Contractual Risk Transfer – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- April 9 - 10 – Fundamentals of Insurance – 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- April 9 - 10 - Fundamentals of Risk Management – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- April 9 - 10 - Managing Cognitive Bias Risk - Recognition & Avoidance Essentials – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- April 9 - 10 - RIMS-CRMP Certification Prep Course - 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- April 9 - 10 - Risk Appetite Management – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- April 14 - 15 - Applying and Integrating ERM – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- April 14 - 15 – Captives as an Alternate Risk Financing Technique – 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To register, visit: www.rims.org/education/in-person-learning/workshops. Workshop registration is not included with a RISKWORLD world registration.
COVID-19 POLICY: For this first series of workshops in San Francisco, RIMS Workshop COVID-19 policy will mirror the Covid-19 policy for RISKWORLD. The RISKWORLD Covid-19 policy can be viewed here.
For any questions, contact email@example.com.
RIMS, the risk management society®, is a global professional association committed to advancing the practice of risk management throughout the world. We bring networking, professional development, certification, and education opportunities to our membership of 10,000 risk management professionals in over 60 countries. Founded in 1950, the Society represents more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable and government entities throughout the world. To access RIMS Risk Knowledge resource library and for additional information about the Society, visit www.RIMS.org.