Welcome to RIMS 2020!
We’re so excited to see you in Denver. Since this is a large event, we’ve put together a few tips for your first time attending.
Before You Arrive
- Plan your schedule. If you haven’t already selected your sessions or want to make changes, login to the Attendee Service Center. Then, select the “Create
My Itinerary” button. Your schedule will also sync with your mobile app, for easy viewing while at the conference.
- Map out the exhibitors you want to visit. With hundreds of exhibitors, it’s helpful to plan ahead. Become familiar with the show floor and select who you want to meet on-site. View the Marketplace Exhibit Map.
- Download the RIMS 2020 Mobile App. Our mobile app provides easy-to-use interactive capabilities including bookmarking sessions, viewing session handouts, connecting with attendees and more. Coming Soon!
- Pack extra business cards. You’re at the conference to learn AND network, so challenge yourself to meet at least three new people every day.
- Dress appropriately. Dress code for RIMS 2020 is business casual or business. Remember that convention center rooms can be cold, so a jacket or cardigan is recommended. Don’t forget to pack comfortable walking shoes too!
During the Conference
- Arrive with plenty of time to pick up your badge and conference bag. Registration is located in Lobby F of the Colorado Conference and Exhibition Center and will be open from Saturday, May 2 to Wednesday, May 6. Photo identification will be required
to retrieve your badge. You’ll need your badge for all events, including the opening reception. Keep it safe—replacements cost US $100.
- Take advantage of our shuttle bus service. If you need a ride, shuttle service will be provided for badged conference attendees between non-walkable RIMS hotels and the Colorado Conference and Exhibition Center.
- Attend our First Time Attendee Reception on Sunday, May 3 from 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm. You’ll learn the ins-and-outs of the conference and how to maximize the many networking opportunities.
- Learn about membership. Stop by RIMS HQ booth #760 for information on how RIMS can help you advance
in your career.
- Post using #RIMS2020. If you’re enjoying a particular session or event, let other people know about it. Or, just follow #RIMS2020 and pick up some great conference tips in real time. You can tag RIMS HQ by looking for @RIMSorg on major
social media platforms.
- Visit the largest exhibition dedicated to risk management in the world. The Marketplace opens
on Monday, May 4 at 9:30 am and lunch will be held there on Tuesday and Wednesday. And, stop by the RIMS HQ booth #760. Looking for a specific exhibitor? Reach for the Exhibitor Locator Guide or the mobile app.
- Find your session rooms. The sessions are throughout the convention center. To find the ones you want to attend, use the RIMS 2020 mobile app (search for RIMS Events in your app store).
- Stay in-the-know. Read the Show Daily, delivered to your inbox daily. Catch up on all conference events and event highlights with the daily coverage of RIMS-TV, airing in your hotel and throughout the convention center.
- Look for the network and password when you receive your badge at registration.
- Global attendees, if you have questions or need assistance, please contact Jhelum Bagchi, Associate Director, Global Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-655-6225.
Opening Reception: Love this City!
Sunday, May 3 | 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm (8:00 pm – 9:00 pm, cash bar)
Opening General Session
Monday, May 4 | 8:00 am – 9:30 am
Monday, May 4 | 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
Marketplace Social Reception
Monday, May 4 | 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Marketplace Social Luncheon
Tuesday, May 5 | 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
Marketplace Social Reception
Tuesday, May 5 | 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Marketplace Social Luncheon: RIMS 2021 Kickoff
Wednesday, May 6 | 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Conference Finale and Closing Keynote
Wednesday, May 6 | 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
RIMS-Sedgwick Closing Party
Wednesday, May 6 | 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm