RIMS 2020 Booth Space is Now Available
Please click on the button below to reserve your space today. Information regarding registering for the event will be available at the end of August.
Calling all risk professionals! We want you to submit a session proposal for the RIMS 2020 Annual Conference & Exhibition. We’re looking for a range of presenters and subjects to enhance contributions to the risk management industry. Career development, cyber and technology risk, strategic and enterprise risk management, these are just a few of the topics we cover. We encourage you to think outside the box and develop diverse education sessions.
You are the subject matter expert and know what is critical to be successful. Share your knowledge and experience with your peers. We all want to hear from risk management innovators, disruptors and practitioners!
Submission Deadline Extended: Friday, July 26, 2019 at 11:59 PM (EDT).
All program submissions MUST be submitted electronically for consideration. Late and/or incomplete submissions, as well as sales pitches, will NOT be considered. We will only accept proposals that comply with all of the guidelines outlined below. Submitting a session is easy—read the guidelines, then complete and submit the form. Be sure to submit your session proposal on time, do not wait until the last day.
RIMS Annual Conference & Exhibition is attended by risk managers, CROs, CEOs, CFOs, risk analysts, managers and government officials responsible for managing their organization’s risk portfolio. More than 10,000 risk professionals attended
RIMS 2019. This event features more than 300 speakers who present on a variety of risk management topics and also has the largest exhibition dedicated to risk management in the world.
To become more familiar with our program format, please review the RIMS 2019 sessions.
Company Submission Restrictions
- A company may submit a maximum of 10 sessions.
- Companies with subsidiaries operating in a companion business in the risk management sector may submit a maximum of 15 sessions.
Format and Length
- 60 minutes: Education that drives participation, discussion and engagement.
- 20 minutes: Career Lab, Global Studio, Innovation Hub and Thought Leader Theater. Presentations are unique, cutting edge and offer creative solutions.
- • 60-minute presentations: Two (2) speakers maximum; one should be a risk manager.
(RM Definition: Risk management professionals lead the development and implementation of risk management practices that enable an organization to make risk-effective decisions that create and sustain value).
- 20-minute presentation: One (1) speaker.
- All speakers need to be subject matter experts.
- Only one (1) representative from a company is permitted to be a speaker on a session.
- Add one (1) speaker’s information along with a biography that includes their experience on the topic.
- Accepted speakers will need to sign off on the RIMS Guidelines and Agreement, click here to see a sample.
Have you presented your topic at another conference? If so, please attach a copy of the presentation.
- At what conference was it presented?
- How many people attended the session?
Rules and Requirements
- Your submission must be strong with a clear statement of your educational objectives.
- Session lengths are 60 minutes or 20 minutes. The shorter “TED-style” presentations are held in the Career Lab, Global Studio, Thought Leader Theater and Innovation Hub and limited to a maximum of 10 PowerPoint slides.
- If your submission is not accepted for the 60-minute time slot, we will consider the submission for a 20-minute presentation.
- Ensure that your submission reads well and is grammatically correct. A poorly written submission will be rejected.
- You have until the posted deadline to edit a submission.
- Please note: The session and content belongs to the submitter (unless it is being submitted on behalf of the company). If the submitter is no longer with the company and does not want the session, he/she can relinquish it to the company. A written email to the RIMS Annual Conference Programming Committee is required before any changes can be made.
- RIMS will not mediate a speaker-company dispute. Should this occur, we will cancel the session.
- Accepted sessions are assigned Monday through Wednesday in various time slots. We cannot move or change a time slot.
- There is no guarantee your session will be well attended. If a session does not have more than 40 pre-registered attendees, we will contact you to decide if you would like to cancel the session.
- At least one speaker MUST be confirmed at the time of submission.
- RIMS may contact speakers during the review process.
- A speaker should not be added to the session if they cannot speak on the topic.
- RIMS reserves the right to make changes to the title, description, length, number of speakers, and other elements of your presentation when considering the intent and goal of the submission.
- RIMS also reserves the right to record or live stream your session.
- Acceptance of the RIMS Guidelines and Agreement document is mandatory. All speakers must sign this document.
- RIMS encourages speakers to take advantage of the full conference by registering at a discounted rate of US $500 (savings of over $800), or attend the day you’re speaking for US $250. If you plan to attend only to speak at your session, a session-only badge will be issued. Registered speakers may attend events, breakfast/lunch, sessions and access the Marketplace (exhibit hall).
- If you cannot adhere by these rules, your session will be canceled or reassigned.
If Your 60-Minute Session Is Not Accepted
If your submission is not accepted for the 60-minute time slot, we will consider the submission for a 20-minute presentation held in the Career Lab, Global Studio, Innovation Hub or Thought Leader Theater. If your submission is accepted for a 20-minute time slot, you will be required to have one speaker and no more than 10 PowerPoint slides.
No Exceptions or Preferential Treatment
Topics are reviewed by the RIMS Annual Conference Programming Committee (ACPC) and supporting RIMS Committees. Decisions are based exclusively on relevance of the content submitted and interest to RIMS conference attendees.
Note: The first round of review is a blind process; the committee does not know the person or company submitting the session. Preferential treatment will not be given to any applicant regardless of their status as an exhibiting and/or sponsoring organization.
Topics should fall within one of the following categories:
|Career Development (CAD)|
Information on developing and improving the skills needed to successfully advance your career.
|Claims Management (CLM)|
Techniques and best practices for managing insurance and non-insured claims.
|Cyber and Technology Risk (CTR)|
Methods and strategies for management of risks associated with changing and advancements in technology, information and data collection.
Information related to a specific industry segment.
|Insurance, Legal and Regulatory (ILR)|
Information, analysis and alternatives regarding insurance contracts, coverage and policies, legislative decisions and regulations, including domestic and foreign, that affect risk management practices.
|Risk Modification/Mitigation and Loss Control
Framework and techniques for managing risk through assessment and management modification programs.
|Strategic and Enterprise Risk Management (SERM)|
Approaches for integrating risk management into processes and decisions related to strategy, operations, programs and projects to create and protect value.
The Career Lab provides the tools that risk professionals need to elevate their careers: résumé reviews, professional headshots, career guidance and LinkedIn profile assistance.
The Global Studio offers internationally-focused educational sessions, as well as networking opportunities with attendees from all over the world.
The Innovation Hub is an educational experience that features exciting 20-minute presentations on developments in emerging risks, claims and cyber risks.
Thought Leader Theater
Thought Leader Theater (TLT) features 20-minute interactive presentations that provide attendees with a quick overview on a topic.
Please note: Product sales pitches are not acceptable nor appropriate as part of RIMS conference education. If you wish to sell a product or service, we invite you to exhibit in the world’s largest risk and insurance exhibition at RIMS 2020. For exhibitor and sponsorship information, contact ExhibitorServices@RIMS.org.
Thank you. We appreciate your dedication to RIMS and to the advancement of risk and insurance professionals. If you have any questions about the process, please contact Speakers@RIMS.org.
TO GET STARTED
You need a RIMS login and password before you can complete a submission.
First-time Users: You will need to create a RIMS account (membership is not required).
Returning Users: If you don't know your password, complete the "Forgot your Password?" form to reset your password and have it sent to your email address. If you encounter any problems with your password, email CST@RIMS.org for assistance.
The submission Application is only compatible with IE 10 and above, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
Booth Space Pricing
|Booth Space Size|
Inline Booth Cost
|10'x10'||US $3,050||US $3,175||US $3,300||N/A|
|10'x20'||US $6,100||US $6,225||US $6,350||N/A|
|10'x30'||US $9,150||US $9,275||US $9,400||N/A|
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN EACH 10’x10’ BOOTH YOU PURCHASE?
- One Complimentary Full Conference (ECOMP) Registration (up to a US $1,595 value!) per 10’ X 10’ booth.
- Three exhibitor booth personnel badges per 10’ X 10’ booth.
- Access to food and networking events in the exhibit hall, as well as complimentary access to the Conference Finale and Closing Keynote.
- Online Directory listing, including a company description and four product classifications.
- Exposure on RIMS Virtual Marketplace featuring exhibitors, floor plan and link to Online Exhibit Directory.
- Complimentary Pre-Conference Attendee Direct Mailing List (upon acceptance of terms of agreement). Phone and email excluded.
- Pre-Show Meeting and Exhibitor Networking Breakfast.
- Draped 8’ back and 3’ side walls (in-line booths only).
- Professional floor management and daily security in Exhibit H
- Online Exhibitor Services Manual
- Exclusive access to RIMS In-Site Tour, the Official Site Inspection Tour for RIMS 2021
- Access to meeting room rentals in the Colorado Convention Center