Captives as an Alternate Risk Financing Technique
The hardening marketing conditions and impact of emerging risks are causing insurance premiums to increase. How will your organization keep its risk financing costs under control? Alternative financial transfer mechanisms may help to reduce your overall cost of risk. This virtual workshop identifies opportunities and risks associated with captive formation and analyzes various alternative risk financing solutions that support corporate goals.
Elise Farnham, President, Illumine Consulting
RIMS Members: $775 USD | Non-members: $1,175 USD (review registration details below)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Workshop participants walk away with the ability to:
- Identify opportunities and risks associated with captive formation
- Analyze various alternative risk financing solutions that support corporate goals
- Develop a captive feasibility study with the assistance of internal and external resources
- Analyze risk retention variables
- Coordinate captive management with other enterprise initiatives to reduce the organization’s overall cost of risk
Participants engage in activities and interactions designed to reinforce course concepts. RIMS professional instructional designers construct the activities so that the attendees learn from each other as well as from the experienced facilitators. Examples of exercises include:
- Discuss the feasibility of an alternative risk financing solution?
- Discuss and analyze RRGs
- Pros and cons to develop an insurance company with a large deductible
- Why do insurance companies serve as 'fronts'?
- Case study on Self-Insurance Wrap Around
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone who works in direct writing and reinsurance companies, brokers and organizations dealing with reinsurance.
- Anyone who wants to understand how organizations deal with its exposure to events that could affect its cash flow.
- Online, instructor-led
- Interactive Zoom meetings
- Two sessions with 12 total hours of training
- 10-minute breaks every hour and a 30-minute lunch
- Group exercises, polling and chat
November 4 – 5, 2021
For registration assistance, please contact our Client Services Team at CST@RIMS.org.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing to RIMS at pd@RIMS.org. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.