Contractual Risk Transfer
Risk transfer is a fundamental component in any comprehensive risk management strategy. To reduce your risk exposure and craft solid contracts with other parties, it is critical to understand the fine print. In this virtual workshop, attorneys at law will address the process of risk transfer, indemnity clauses, uses of insurance, and fundamentals of contract review.
By the end of the workshop, you will learn how to understand and draft a contract that effectively transfers risk while reducing your company’s exposure to loss. Further, you will have the tools you need to feel confident in the terms of your contracts with other parties, and the knowledge to engage in more productive discussions of risk transfer, from negotiating with service providers to communicating with your company’s stakeholders.
August 16 – 17 | 10:00 am – 4:00 pm ET
Registration is closed for the August workshop.
October 12 – 13 | 9:00 am – 3:00 pm ET
Registration closes October 11. Register for the October workshop.
December 6 – 7 | 9:00 am – 3:00 pm ET
Registration closes December 3. Register for the December workshop.
RIMS Members: $775 USD | Non-members: $1,175 USD (see registration details below)
Dan Healy, Partner, Anderson Kill, LLP | View instructor profile
Pamela Hans, Managing Shareholder, Anderson Kill, LLP | View instructor profile
Continuing Education Credits
Earn up to 13 hours of CE and 13.2 hours for CLE and CPE credits. Check if your state is eligible for CE and CLE credits.
Click here for details.
- Live instructor-led virtual training
- Interactive Zoom meetings
- Two sessions with 11 total hours of training
- 10-minute breaks in the morning and afternoon and an hour lunch
- Group exercises and discussion
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By attending this workshop participants will learn to:
- Determine when it is appropriate to transfer risk
- Apply a simple, repeatable process to draft a contract to transfer risk while reducing your company’s exposure to loss
- Create a glossary of definitions to clarify a contract
- Draft an indemnity agreement
- Identify key strategies and techniques
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- Practice with case studies and interactive exercises
- Sample worksheets and templates
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Vice presidents, directors and managers of risk management
- Any stakeholder with an interest or responsibility in protecting the organization from the effects of disruptive events
October 12 – 13, 2021
December 6 – 7, 2021
For registration assistance, please contact our Client Services Team at CST@RIMS.org.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing to RIMS at pd@RIMS.org. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.