Contractual Risk Transfer
September 17 - 18 | 10:00 am - 4:00 pm ET
Registration closes September 10. Register for the September 17 workshop.
October 19 - 20 | 9:00 am - 3:00 pm ET
Registration closes October 12. Register of the October 19 workshop.
November 5 - 6 | 9:00 am - 3:00 pm ET
Registration closes October 29. Register of the November 5 workshop.
RIMS Members: $600 USD | Non-Members: $1,000 USD (see registration details below)
Dan Healy, Partner, Anderson Kill, LLP | View instructor profile
Pamela Hans, Managing Shareholder, Anderson Kill, LLP | View instructor profile
Continuing Education Credits
Earn up to 13 hours of CE and 13.2 hours for CLE and CPE credits. Check if your state is eligible for CE and CLE credits.
Click here for details.
Risk transfer is a fundamental component in any comprehensive risk management strategy. To reduce your risk exposure and craft solid contracts with other parties, it is critical to understand the fine print. In this course, attorneys at law will address the process of risk transfer, indemnity clauses, uses of insurance, and fundamentals of contract review. By the end of the workshop, you will learn how to understand and draft a contract that effectively transfers risk while reducing your company’s exposure to loss. Further, you will have the tools you need to feel confident in the terms of your contracts with other parties, and the knowledge to engage in more productive discussions of risk transfer, from negotiating with service providers to communicating with your company’s stakeholders.
- Live online training
- Interactive Zoom meetings
- Two sessions with 12 total hours of training
- 10-minute breaks every hour and an hour lunch
- Group exercises, polling and chat
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By attending this workshop participants will learn to:
- Determine when it is appropriate to transfer risk
- Apply a simple, repeatable process to draft a contract to transfer risk while reducing your company’s exposure to loss
- Create a glossary of definitions to clarify a contract
- Draft an indemnity agreement
- Identify key strategies and techniques
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- Practice with case studies and interactive exercises
- Sample worksheets and templates
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Vice presidents, directors and managers of risk management
- Any stakeholder with an interest or responsibility in protecting the organization from the effects of disruptive events
September 17 – 18
October 19 – 20
November 5 – 6
For registration assistance, please contact our Client Services Team at CST@RIMS.org.