Committed to Your Success
Through the RIMS Ask A Peer advisory program, you connect with top risk professionals for their expertise on a wide range of risk management and insurance related matters. Our advisors provide independent, unbiased advice based on years of practical experience; meant to complement but not replace your risk management team, insurance brokers or consultants.
How We Succeed Together
Facing new risk management challenges? You do not have to go it alone. We have the expertise. For 70 years, RIMS established itself as the preeminent organization dedicated to promoting the profession of risk management. Our experience solving business problems, developing risk management strategies, and overcoming insurance challenges provides you with key resources to:
- Help CEOs, CFOs, top executives, and board directors evaluate existing risk management programs.
- Assist company executives and risk officers in designing and integrating a variety of risk management practices.
- Provide risk management teams with expertise and experience to solve specific risk management operational challenges.
- Aid in designing and executing business resilience strategies.
- Work closely with compliance and regulatory teams to build an enterprise-wide culture of trust and integrity.
Experienced Advisors Delivering Customized Services
RIMS Ask A Peer risk advisory services offer support and guidance in a hands-on, collaborative style that is flexible and customized for your needs. Our advisors come from diverse backgrounds and experience, so regardless of your organization’s size, industry, or issues, RIMS can match your needs with their expertise, connecting you with the right resources at the right time.
Advisors are available for a wide range of risk management issues, whether you need help with managing risk around mergers and acquisitions, reviewing contractual risk transfer provisions, or assessing and implementing strategic risk management integration tactics. They can also offer expert guidance on:
- Managing risk during turbulent times
- Setting up a risk management function
- Benchmarking effectiveness of risk management programs
- Reviewing an enterprise risk management (ERM) program
- Implementing different risk assessment programs and methodologies
- Developing business disruption and resilience programs
- Reviewing insurance and alternative risk financing programs
- Evaluating and improving claims and safety management programs
How it Works
The RIMS Ask A Peer program is all about helping you improve your risk program on your terms. The process starts with a personal conversation to discuss your needs, then RIMS will match you with the appropriate advisor(s) based on what you want to accomplish and the scope of the engagement. Engagements range from short to longer term, and can be carried out by phone or in person. You will receive a proposal that outlines expectations and timelines, and once the scope and length are agreed upon, the advisor will begin work.